Recipe by Rick B(2)
A neat treat to make either at home or when camping. I saw this on one of the TV Food Network Shows. It is so simple to do!!!
Directions See How It's Made
- You will need either a hand held propane torch or a chef's torch.
- Cut off ends of unpeeled bananas and then cut these into two pieces each lengthwise.
- Cut each of these banana strips into two shorter pieces.
- Evenly distribute sugar on a flat small plate.
- Press each banana strip (peel side up) into sugar to coat.
- Remove peels and place sugar side up on a cooling rack over a piece of aluminum foil.
- Using torch on low to medium size flame, pass flame back and forth over each banana piece until sugar starts to bubble and liquify into a dark caramel color (making sure to keep the torch moving at all times).
- Caramelize each banana piece one at a time.
- Let banana pieces cool for 10-15 seconds until coating becomes hardened.
- Time to eat!