Rick B(2)'s Note:
A neat treat to make either at home or when camping. I saw this on one of the TV Food Network Shows. It is so simple to do!!!
My Private Note
- 1You will need either a hand held propane torch or a chef's torch.
- 2Cut off ends of unpeeled bananas and then cut these into two pieces each lengthwise.
- 3Cut each of these banana strips into two shorter pieces.
- 4Evenly distribute sugar on a flat small plate.
- 5Press each banana strip (peel side up) into sugar to coat.
- 6Remove peels and place sugar side up on a cooling rack over a piece of aluminum foil.
- 7Using torch on low to medium size flame, pass flame back and forth over each banana piece until sugar starts to bubble and liquify into a dark caramel color (making sure to keep the torch moving at all times).
- 8Caramelize each banana piece one at a time.
- 9Let banana pieces cool for 10-15 seconds until coating becomes hardened.
- 10Time to eat!
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Crunchy Caramelized Banana Strips (the E-Z Way!)
Serving Size: 1 (96 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 197.6
- Calories from Fat 1
- Total Fat 0.1 g
- Saturated Fat 0.0 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 0.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 50.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.5 g
- Sugars 44.6 g
- Protein 0.6 g