Prep 15 mins
Cook 6 hrs
Family meals that help support healthy families. Every family benefits from eating meals together. This was a huge hit with our family! For more Family inspired foods please check my blog: http://victoriafamilymeals.blogspot.ca
- 1⁄4 cup natural-style peanut butter
- 2 teaspoons garlic, minced
- 2 teaspoons ginger
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce, grated
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon hot chili paste, Sriracha
- 1⁄4 cup chicken broth
- 2 lbs chicken breasts, skinless, frozen
- 1 cup sweet pepper, sliced thin
- 1⁄2 cup green onion, sliced
- 12 whole leaves lettuce
- Mix peanut butter, garlic, ginger, soy sauces, sesame oil, Sriracha and broth.
- Place frozen chick breast in bottom of Crockpot and pour peanut sauce over breasts.
- Cook on low for 6-8 hours or high for 3-4 hours.
- Shred chicken and add back about ¼ cup of the peanut sauce.
- Serve on lettuce with green onions and peppers (or any other Thai fixings).
A very easy recipe with great flavor. The only change I would make is to add a little bit more hot sauce.
For ease and taste, this is GREAT, TRUE!
But had a tad problem along the way too!
Think my frozen chicken breast was too big (was about 3 inch in height)
So half way through I cut them in half, doubled the sauce too!
I did find me having to watch the crockpot initially so the sides did not burn too...was on low
SO kind of marinated it along the way...but the ultimate finale of the dish, was GREAT..is what I can say...took 5 hours and was done..Glad I tried this...was fun!
Next time might just use chicken tenderloins with double sauce!
GREAT for entertaining, appetiser or main course! Definately adding veggies helps the dish too
Added extra chilli as that is what I LOVE to do!