Recipe by Corilayn
I just got mine for Xmas. I was DYING to use it but had to wait for the chicken to defrost. I ran out the next morning and got the veggies, just so I'd have them on hand. AMAZING!!! I'll NEVER cook with my oven again! INCREDIBLE CHICKEN!!!
Top Review by SRF68
"Cut food into chunks or small pieces to ensure thorough cooking. Do not use the slow cooker for large pieces like a roast or a whole chicken because the food will cook so slowly it could remain in the bacterial "Danger Zone" â€” between 40 Â°F and 140 Â°F â€” too long." http://www.fsis.usda.gov/News_&_Events/NR_013106_01/index.asp
- 1 (3 lb) whole chickens
- 1 cup water
- 3 tablespoons rosemary
- 3 tablespoons sage
- 3 tablespoons thyme
- 3 tablespoons poultry seasoning
- 2 large onions, chopped
- 1 lb baby carrots
- 3 lbs new potatoes
- 4 celery ribs, chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, chopped, minced
- 1 shallot, chopped
Directions See How It's Made
- Marinade chicken in spices and water for 24 hours if you have the time (I did, because I was dying to use my crock-pot).
- Add all remaining ingredients to pot.
- Top with whole chicken, including spice water.
- *At last hour of cooking, if you have time, you'll want to add more of your favorite chicken spices such as sage, thyme, rosemary, marjoram, poultry seasoning, etc on top of the chicken. Just sprinkle them on top.
- Cook on high for 1 hour, turn down to low for 7 hours.
- Or cook on low for about 8-9 hours, check for doneness after 8 hours.
- Can be used with chicken pieces.