8 hrs 10 mins
I just got mine for Xmas. I was DYING to use it but had to wait for the chicken to defrost. I ran out the next morning and got the veggies, just so I'd have them on hand. AMAZING!!! I'll NEVER cook with my oven again! INCREDIBLE CHICKEN!!!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 (3 lb) whole chickens
- 1 cup water
- 3 tablespoons rosemary
- 3 tablespoons sage
- 3 tablespoons thyme
- 3 tablespoons poultry seasoning
- 1Marinade chicken in spices and water for 24 hours if you have the time (I did, because I was dying to use my crock-pot).
- 2Add all remaining ingredients to pot.
- 3Top with whole chicken, including spice water.
- 4*At last hour of cooking, if you have time, you'll want to add more of your favorite chicken spices such as sage, thyme, rosemary, marjoram, poultry seasoning, etc on top of the chicken. Just sprinkle them on top.
- 5Cook on high for 1 hour, turn down to low for 7 hours.
- 6Or cook on low for about 8-9 hours, check for doneness after 8 hours.
- 7Can be used with chicken pieces.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Crock Pot Whole Herbed Chicken
Serving Size: 1 (574 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 558.3
- Calories from Fat 215
- Total Fat 23.9 g
- Saturated Fat 6.9 g
- Cholesterol 106.9 mg
- Sodium 198.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 54.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 9.3 g
- Sugars 8.0 g
- Protein 31.4 g