4 hrs 20 mins
bluemoon downunder's Note:
Adapted from Betty Crocker's "Slow Cooker Cookbook". Add a green vegetable towards the end of the cooking time and this really is a complete meal! In the original recipe, a cup of thawed green beans is added in the last twenty minutes. Not being overly fond of beans, when I've made this recipe, I've added broccoli florets in the last hour of cooking or baby spinach leaves in the last 10 minutes. Regardless of whether the soup I've used has herbs in it, I usually sprinkle oregano or mixed Italian herbs on the chicken.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 3 lbs skinless chicken pieces
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano or 1 teaspoon mixed Italian herbs, to taste
- salt, to taste
- fresh ground black pepper, to taste
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can condensed cream of chicken soup, with herbs
- 4 sweet potatoes, peeled and cut into 1/2 inch pieces
- 1 (6 ounce) packet chicken flavor stuffing mix
- 1 1/4 cups water
- 1/4 cup unsalted butter
- 1 cup green beans or 1 cup broccoli florets or 1 cup baby spinach leaves, tightly packed
- 1Place the chicken pieces in a 5- or 6- quart crock pot, season to taste, spoon the soup over the chicken and top with the sweet potatoes.
- 2Combine the stuffing mix with the water and butter and spoon it over the sweet potatoes.
- 3Cover and cook on low for 4 to 6 hours, or until the sweet potatoes are tender, and the chicken is cooked right through: when the juice of the chicken - when the thickest pieces are pierced - is no longer pink.
- 4Towards the end of the cooking time, add your choice of green vegetable(s).
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Crock Pot Herbed Chicken With Sweet Potatoes
Serving Size: 1 (340 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 418.9
- Calories from Fat 134
- Total Fat 14.8 g
- Saturated Fat 6.7 g
- Cholesterol 94.4 mg
- Sodium 918.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 43.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.8 g
- Sugars 7.3 g
- Protein 27.6 g