Prep 5 mins
Cook 35 mins
A Yummy alternative to French fries.
- 2 lbs large sweet potatoes, scrubbed
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon fresh ground pepper
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees.
- Half the potatoes, then cut into 1/2 inch wedges.
- Toss with oil, salt and pepper in medium bowl.
- Arrange the potatoes in a single layer on a nonstick baking sheet.
- Bake, turning once, until browned and crisp, about 35 minutes.
I love these fries- I used the chipotle flavored Mrs. Dash to season them- VERY GOOD! spicy sweet -
These taste amazing, but like many others, I'm hoping for a healthy version of deep fried French Fries. I find them soggy. If they could be crispy and baked with this flavor they'd be amazing. I cooked them for 40 minutes, then the next day cooked them another 20 minutes, and they're still soggy, some are starting to turn black and still soggy in side. Mine were cut thinly like French Fries.
Loved it! The whole family went back for more! I just used coconut oil for the oil ingredient to keep a little extra sweetness to the recipe and added a bit more salt. Will have it again soon.