Prep 5 mins
Cook 45 mins
This is a baked chicken recipe with crushed rice crispies cereal as the coating. I made this for my parents and it took them awhile to figure out what the coating was. I also use this with my OAMC cooking, and it turned out great!
- 4 -6 boneless chicken breasts
- 1 egg
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 1 1⁄2 cups crispy rice cereal, coarsely crushed
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- Beat egg and water in a shallow bowl.
- Place cereal in another shallow bowl.
- Mix garlic powder, salt, and pepper with cereal.
- Dip chicken into egg mixture and roll into crumb mixture. Coat all sides.
- If freezing, I flash-froze and then packaged up my chicken.
- If baking now, place on a lined baking sheet.
- Bake at 350 for 45 minutes.
I also found I needed more rice cereal. Plan on two full cups for 4 large chicken breasts. Otherwise, a great recipe! Thanks.
I have made this recipe and found that when making large quantities of this meal to freeze I needed additional breading, so make sure you have plenty of crispies on hand! I used a whole cut up chicken instead of boneless skinless chicken breasts and it is very good too.