This is my own original recipe and favorite simple way to prepare baked chicken. Dredging the chicken in flour first makes it come out deliciously crispy. It is also nice to tenderize the meat, though not completely necessary. I usually serve it with rice pilaf and some vegetables, or on a sandwich with lettuce, tomato and mayonnaise.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- 2Prepare three bowls. In one, put the flour. In the next, thoroughly mix the egg, mustard and milk. In the third, place the bread crumbs.
- 3Grease a large baking sheet.
- 4Wash the chicken and pat it dry with a paper towel. Trim off any excess fat and tenderize if desired.
- 5One piece of chicken at a time, dredge the chicken in flour until it is completely covered. Then dip in the mustard mixture. Quickly place in the bread crumbs and coat completely. Repeat with each piece of chicken, placing them immediately on the baking sheet.
- 6If desired, sprinkle some garlic powder over the chicken breasts.
- 7Place the baking sheet in the oven for 30-35 minutes.
Browse Our Top Chicken Breast Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Chicken Breast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Crispy Oven-Fried Dijon Chicken Breast
Serving Size: 1 (219 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 462.2
- Calories from Fat 149
- Total Fat 16.6 g
- Saturated Fat 4.7 g
- Cholesterol 124.8 mg
- Sodium 751.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 37.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.3 g
- Sugars 1.9 g
- Protein 38.2 g