Recipe by Edana
This is my own original recipe and favorite simple way to prepare baked chicken. Dredging the chicken in flour first makes it come out deliciously crispy. It is also nice to tenderize the meat, though not completely necessary. I usually serve it with rice pilaf and some vegetables, or on a sandwich with lettuce, tomato and mayonnaise.
Top Review by bet0625
Very good recipe. The chicken came out moist and an amazing taste. I made it with bone-in chicken breast and i'm sure it will be even better if I would of made it with boneless breast. Thanks for the recipe.
- 6 medium chicken breasts
- 1 cup all-purpose flour (more if necessary)
- 1 large egg
- 1⁄4 cup Dijon mustard
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1 1⁄2 cups Italian seasoned breadcrumbs
- garlic powder (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Prepare three bowls. In one, put the flour. In the next, thoroughly mix the egg, mustard and milk. In the third, place the bread crumbs.
- Grease a large baking sheet.
- Wash the chicken and pat it dry with a paper towel. Trim off any excess fat and tenderize if desired.
- One piece of chicken at a time, dredge the chicken in flour until it is completely covered. Then dip in the mustard mixture. Quickly place in the bread crumbs and coat completely. Repeat with each piece of chicken, placing them immediately on the baking sheet.
- If desired, sprinkle some garlic powder over the chicken breasts.
- Place the baking sheet in the oven for 30-35 minutes.