Recipe by na #2
From My Great Recipe Cards--Card 74 Crispy meatballs that taste Italian, but without the fat and too many calories. Ground turkey and spieces make these meatballs perfect for your own spaghetti sause or lasagna.
- 1 1⁄2 lbs ground turkey
- 2 eggs, whipped
- 2⁄3 cup fresh breadcrumbs or 3 slices French bread, soaked in milk,squeezed and shredded
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon, rind of
- 3 tablespoons fresh parsley, minced
- 1 teaspoon fennel
- 1 dash black pepper
- 1 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 clove garlic, minced or pressed
- 6 tablespoons parmesan cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- Thaw the ground turkey,if frozen.
- In a bowl combine the turkey, egg, bread crumbs, lemon peel, parsley, fennel, peppers, garlic, and Parmesan cheese.
- Shape into large walnut-shaped meatballs.
- Place in baking dish.
- Bake at 400 degrees in oven for about 30 minutes or until crispy and brown.