na #2's Note:
From My Great Recipe Cards--Card 74 Crispy meatballs that taste Italian, but without the fat and too many calories. Ground turkey and spieces make these meatballs perfect for your own spaghetti sause or lasagna.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 1/2 lbs ground turkey
- 2 eggs, whipped
- 2/3 cup fresh breadcrumbs or 3 slices French bread, soaked in milk,squeezed and shredded
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon, rind of
- 3 tablespoons fresh parsley, minced
- 1 teaspoon fennel
- 1 dash black pepper
- 1 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 clove garlic, minced or pressed
- 6 tablespoons parmesan cheese
- 1Thaw the ground turkey,if frozen.
- 2In a bowl combine the turkey, egg, bread crumbs, lemon peel, parsley, fennel, peppers, garlic, and Parmesan cheese.
- 3Shape into large walnut-shaped meatballs.
- 4Place in baking dish.
- 5Bake at 400 degrees in oven for about 30 minutes or until crispy and brown.
Browse Our Top Spaghetti Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Crispy Meatballs
Serving Size: 1 (226 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 397.0
- Calories from Fat 177
- Total Fat 19.6 g
- Saturated Fat 6.1 g
- Cholesterol 246.8 mg
- Sodium 443.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 14.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.0 g
- Sugars 1.5 g
- Protein 38.3 g