Prep 15 mins
Cook 10 mins
This was originally a salted peanut cookie recipe. I didn't have everything on hand for them so I adjusted a few things and came up with these.
- In a large bowl, beat butter and brown sugar until fluffy.
- Blend in eggs.
- In another bowl, combine flour, salt, baking powder, and baking soda.
- Add the flour mixture to the creamed mixture and mix well.
- Stir in cereal, oats, and chocolate chips (or raisins).
- Drop by rounded teaspoonfuls onto lightly greased cookie sheets.
- Bake in a preheated 400 degree oven 10-12 minutes.
I've got a box of cereal that no one wants to eat, so this was a good recipe to help use some of it up!
Great cookies! My kids loved these! I used whole wheat pastry flour for all-purpose and cinnamon HBofO cereal since I bought a ton of the stuff on sale. Crunchy and chewy, stayed pliable even when stored. Just the right amount of chocolate chips. Thanks for sharing your recipe!