Recipe by ~*Sarah*~
This is from a book the American Heart Association put out of "Healthful recipes to help control high blood pressure." Haven't tried it, but plan to this weekend. :) bon apetit
- vegetable oil cooking spray
- 1 cup whole wheat bread crumbs (ground fine with a food processor or blender)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 4 tablespoons fresh minced parsley
- 2 tablespoons reduced-calorie mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon water
- 2 drops hot pepper sauce
- 1 1⁄4 lbs fish fillets
- 4 lemon wedges
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Lightly spray a baking sheet with vegetable oil spray and set aside.
- Sprinkle crumbs onto an ungreased baking sheet and allow to bake 5-7 minutes or until lightly browned.
- Combine bread crumbs, black pepper and parsley in a shallow pan and set aside.
- Raise oven temperature to 400°F.
- Combine mayonnaise, water and hot pepper sauce in shallow bowl, mixing well.
- Dip fish in mayonnaise mixture and then dredge in bread crumbs.
- Place fish on greased baking sheet and bake in oven 17-18 or until fish flakes easily.
- Serve with lemon wedges.