Prep 10 mins
Cook 40 mins
This recipe was in a cookbook called "Ultimate Cheesecakes" from Kraft Foods which features cheesecakes using Philadelphia Cream Cheese.
- 2 (8 ounce) packages cream cheese, softened
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 eggs
- 4 teaspoons green creme de menthe
- 1 (9 inch) chocolate cookie pie crust
- chocolate shavings (for garnish) or chocolate curls (for garnish)
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Mix cream cheese, sugar and vanilla at medium speed with an electric mixer until well blended. Add the eggs; mix just until blended. Blend in creme de menthe.
- Pour batter into the chocolate pie crust.
- Bake at 350° for 40 minutes or until the center is almost set. Cool. Refrigerate 3 hours or overnight. Garnish with chocolate shavings or chocolate curls.
Very different from the "usual." I really liked the mint flavor. I made this 2 days ago and it's only getting better! I added some whipped cream to the edges since the crust weren't attractive, but it didn't add or take away any flavor. Made for ZWT5, RRR.