The only way my picky 4 year old will eat her vegetables!
Make and share this Creamy Zucchini Soup recipe from Food.com.
- Heat olive oil in a large soup pot.
- Sauté sliced garlic until golden, then add remaining vegetables and sort of"stir fry" it for about 3 minutes.
- Add water, bouillon cubes, salt and pepper.
- Bring to a boil, cover and reduce heat to med-low.
- Simmer for about 20-30 minutes until veggies are very tender.
- Remove from heat, add evaporated milk.
- Using a hand blender, puree soup until smooth.
- Adjust salt and pepper.
- Serve with grated cheese and croutons.
- Note:You can add whatever vegetables you have on hand to this--spinach, broccoli, cauliflower, asparagus, etc.
- For a special soup, boil 1 lb shrimp (in their shells), reserving broth for cooking the soup.
- Prepare soup the same way, adding cooked (peeled) shrimp the last minute of cooking (just to heat through).
- Reserve 1/4 lb of shrimp for garnish.