Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
The only way my picky 4 year old will eat her vegetables!
- 4 zucchini (small to medium)
- 1 large onion
- 2 garlic cloves
- 2 carrots or 6 -8 baby carrots
- 1 sweet potato
- 3 large potatoes (Yukon gold)
- 1 (12 ounce) can evaporated milk (large size)
- 2 double bouillon cubes (Knorr)
- water (about 1 1/2-2 quarts)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- salt and pepper
- Heat olive oil in a large soup pot.
- Sauté sliced garlic until golden, then add remaining vegetables and sort of"stir fry" it for about 3 minutes.
- Add water, bouillon cubes, salt and pepper.
- Bring to a boil, cover and reduce heat to med-low.
- Simmer for about 20-30 minutes until veggies are very tender.
- Remove from heat, add evaporated milk.
- Using a hand blender, puree soup until smooth.
- Adjust salt and pepper.
- Serve with grated cheese and croutons.
- Note:You can add whatever vegetables you have on hand to this--spinach, broccoli, cauliflower, asparagus, etc.
- For a special soup, boil 1 lb shrimp (in their shells), reserving broth for cooking the soup.
- Prepare soup the same way, adding cooked (peeled) shrimp the last minute of cooking (just to heat through).
- Reserve 1/4 lb of shrimp for garnish.
Great soup but still looking for the outstanding zuke soup.
Excellent Soup! I did not have the evaporated milk so I used whole milk and we did add some shredded cheddar cheese. Very smooth! I made this for my daughters BF who has trouble swallowing. He loved it and one daughter who hates veggies-ha ha on her, she love it as well. Thanks so much!!! Di
Totally awesome soup. One of my many favorites of yours Canarygirl!!!