Recipe by English_Rose
Great easy midweek meal.
Top Review by Sydney Mike
This salmon was made to share with a housebound neighbor couple a couple of days ago, & my other half & I were particularly satisfied with the very flavorful salmon that was the result! We eat a lot of salmon, & this is a wonderful new way for me to prepare it! The only change I made was to use crumbs from a whole grain bread! Thanks so much for posting the recipe! [Made & reviewed in Bargain Basement tag]
- 2 ounces white bread, sliced
- 1 lemon, zest of
- 4 teaspoons chives, chopped
- 4 salmon fillets
- 3 1⁄2 ounces philadelphia light spreadable cheese with garlic and herbs
- 7 ounces mixed salad greens
- 1 1⁄4 lbs new potatoes
Directions See How It's Made
- Pre-heat oven to 350°F Place the bread in a food processor and blend into fine breadcrumbs. Stir in the chives and lemon zest.
- Spread the salmon fillets with a thick layer of Philly and place on a lightly oiled baking tray. Top with the flavoured breadcrumbs, lightly pressing them into the Philadelphia. Roast in the oven for 20 – 25 minutes or until cooked.
- Meanwhile, cook the new potatoes in boiling water until tender. Serve with the salmon, salad leaves and slices of lemon (if desired).