Recipe by Kerfuffle-Upon-Wincle
Modified from http://www.the-girl-who-ate-everything.com/2010/08/creamy-lemon-crumb-squares.html blog. Change it up and make them lime!
- 1 1⁄3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 cup butter, slightly softened (1 stick)
- 1 cup brown sugar (lightly packed)
- 1 cup old fashioned oats
- 14 ounces sweetened condensed milk
- 1⁄2 cup lemon juice (or lime juice)
- 1 lemon, zest of
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Mix butter and brown sugar until well combined.
- Sift together flour, salt, and baking powder.
- Add oats and flour to butter/sugar mixture and mix to combine.
- Press half of oat crumb mixture into the bottom of an 8 x 11 inch pan sprayed with cooking spray. You can use a 9 x 13 pan; it will just be thinner.
- Mix together condensed milk, lemon juice, and lemon zest. Spread lemon mixture over the pressed crumb mixture.
- Crumble the remaining oat/sugar/flour/butter mixture evenly over the lemon layer. Don’t press in!
- Bake for 20 to 25 minutes, or until golden brown.
- Allow pan to cool on counter for 30 minutes after baking. Cut into squares, then refrigerate.
- Serve cool.
- Makes about one dozen squares.
- Read more at http://www.the-girl-who-ate-everything.com/2010/08/creamy-lemon-crumb-squares.html#I5ipmHYI7bDs4rv0.99.