Recipe by HeatherFeather
Posted for a request. I have not tried this yet. Adapted from "Simply Delicious." Prep time does not include additional chilling time once the salad has been prepared.
- 2 lbs red potatoes, cut into quarters,skins on,plus water to cook them in
- 2 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- salt and black pepper, to taste
- 3⁄4 lb fresh green beans
- 1 cup cold water
- 1 bowl ice water
- 2 large hard-boiled eggs, chilled,peeled & chopped
- 5 slices bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 3 green onions, sliced
- 1⁄2 cup mayonnaise
- 1⁄2 cup sour cream
- 2 tablespoons prepared horseradish
- 1 tablespoon fresh parsley, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon fresh chives, finely chopped
- salt, to taste
- black pepper, to taste
Directions See How It's Made
- Place potato quarters into a pot and cover with cold water; bring to a boil.
- Cook in boiling salted water to cover, 15 to 20 minutes or until fork tender, but do not overcook- you want them tender, but firm enough to hold together in salad.
- Drain and then sprinkle with vinegar and a little salt& pepper to taste; set aside to cool slightly.
- Snap tough string ends off beans, then place beans into a pot with 1 cup water, cover, and let steam for about 3 minutes.
- Drain in a colander and run under cold water to help cool beans off quickly.
- Set colander into a bowl of ice water to cover beans and let sit 2 minutes to chill quickly.
- Drain beans and pat dry, then cut each bean in half.
- Stir together the dressing ingredients in a large bowl.
- Add potatoes, beans, egg, bacon, and green onions, tossing gently.
- Cover and chill well before serving.