My husband's creation. This pizza is a favorite of ours because of my love for garlic and my husbands love for pizza with creamy sauces. My kids love it because they don't like many toppings. I use our recipe for the pizza dough Healthy Italian Breadsticks or Pizza Crust. Half of this recipe makes 1 12 inch round deep dish pizza crust. I love lots of fresh garlic in my pizza and this is definetely a pizza for big garlic lovers, though it is possible to go too far so be a little cautious when adding the garlic. ;) Prep time doesn't include making pizza dough.
- 1 (12 inch) deep dish pizza dough
- 1⁄2 cup ranch dressing (approximately)
- 3 -4 garlic cloves, large, chopped (depending on how strong you like your garlic. I used 5 cloves once and it was too much for some of u)
- 1⁄8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 1⁄2 cups mozzarella cheese, grated
- 1 -1 1⁄2 tablespoon fresh basil, thinly sliced
- Mix garlic, ranch, and cayenne pepper together. Then spread it over the pizza crust leaving about 1 inch border of crust.
- Cover the pizza with mozzerella cheese. Then sprinkle the fresh basil leaves over the top.
- Bake at 350 F for approximately 15-25 minutes. Generally it takes about this long but the time can vary depending on the pizza crust being used.
What a wonderful blend of flavours! I used this to top bread slices and served them with tomato soup. Needless to say everyone loved them. The next time I am going to save the time and effort on whipping up the soup and just serve this with something from the can. Two thumbs up!
This was a great alternative pizza to pizza with tomato sauce. I love garlic and the tang of the ranch was great! I wasn't crazy about the basil flavor, so next time I will just stick to the mushroom, green onion and olive toppings that looked so good in the picture! Thanks for sharing the recipe!
Pat your husband on the back for this one for me! It made a great dinner using your recipe for the pizza dough. I added some mushrooms, green onions and olives. The garlic really added to the flavor of this pizza... oh, and I used non fat ranch, as a girls gotta save calories somewhere or she will just keep growing! :)