Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
I hate cauliflower. My cousin had this for dinner one eve, didn't tell me what it was. Now it is a fav! I've forgotten the exact recipe, adjust as needed to your taste. Recipe is quite forgiving. Freezes well!
- Heat olive oil in a stock pan. Add leeks and cauliflower stems, simmer until slightly softened. Add chicken stock.
- Once leeks and cauli stems are softened somewhat, add florets and continue to cook until all are softened.
- Using immersion blender, puree all ingredients to desired consistency.
- Add freshly grated nutmeg (I use about half); heat through.
- Serve with salt and pepper.
This is delicious! I love the taste of this soup. It is so easy to put together and so very good for you. But I have to say....it is not visually appealing! I put some chopped green onions on top for my photo! I did use very rich, dark chicken stock for this, and that may have affected the color. But who cares how it looks! It is delicious! Going into my keeper file. Made for PAC Spring 2009.