Recipe by Nicole Brummett
These little candies are so easy to make and a staple for weddings, parties, and candy trays. Cook time is hardening time.
Top Review by Wicketsmom
These are really good candies. My 10-yr-old daughter makes them by HERSELF every Christmas. That's a bonus in itself! We put them on cookie trays and everyone loves them. Melt in your mouth!
- 1 (3 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 1⁄4 teaspoon peppermint extract or 1⁄4 teaspoon almond extract
- 3 cups confectioners' sugar
- green colored crystal sugar (optional)
- red colored crystal sugar (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- In a mixing bowl, combine cream cheese and extract.
- Beat in 1 1/2 cups confectioners' sugar.
- Knead in remaining confectioners' sugar until smooth.
- Shape into 1/2 inch balls.
- Roll in colored sugar if desired.
- Place on an ungreased baking sheet and flatten with a fork, or shape with a candy mold.
- Let stand for 1 hour to harden.
- Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator.
- Can also freeze these for up to 3 months in an airtight container on sheets of wax paper.