Prep 45 mins
Cook 1 hr
These little candies are so easy to make and a staple for weddings, parties, and candy trays. Cook time is hardening time.
- In a mixing bowl, combine cream cheese and extract.
- Beat in 1 1/2 cups confectioners' sugar.
- Knead in remaining confectioners' sugar until smooth.
- Shape into 1/2 inch balls.
- Roll in colored sugar if desired.
- Place on an ungreased baking sheet and flatten with a fork, or shape with a candy mold.
- Let stand for 1 hour to harden.
- Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator.
- Can also freeze these for up to 3 months in an airtight container on sheets of wax paper.
These are really good candies. My 10-yr-old daughter makes them by HERSELF every Christmas. That's a bonus in itself! We put them on cookie trays and everyone loves them. Melt in your mouth!