Prep 5 mins
Cook 0 mins
It is almost crazy to post a sandwich like this. It is the highlight of leftover turkey at Thanksgiving or Christmas for me. It is a turkey dinner between two slices of good bread. You must have a fork though to catch the filling falling on your plate. It is sooooo thick that everything falls out as you eat it. But it is delicious--at least to me. I don't measure anything; I just put it on from the refrigerator, but I had to have amounts so this is what I came up with.
- 2 slices good bread
- 1 slice cold cooked turkey
- 4 tablespoons cold prepared stuffing
- 4 -5 small cold cooked white pearl onions
- 3 -4 tablespoons cooked turnips, mashed
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons cranberry-orange relish
- 1 tablespoon mayonnaise
- salt and pepper
- Put mayonnaise on both slices of bread.
- Arrange pieces of cold turkey on top of one slice of bread.
- Place stuffing on top of the turkey.
- Add the boiled onions.
- Add the cranberry-orange relish on top of onions.
- Spread the turnip evenly on the other slice of bread.
- Sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Put the slice of bread with the turnip on top of the other piled-high goodies.
- Cut in half and place on a plate.
Hello Mimi, this is exactly what I wanted - and this is exatly with a little help from my friends! However, I had to make a few slight changes - I had to use a whole onion and roasted it, I don't eat orange except for marmalade - so we used the regular cranberry - and followed the rest of the recipe to a T! It was stupendous - I enjoyed myself thoroughly - I was really sooo good, I am still thinking about it. Thanks for sharing, Diane :)