Prep 20 mins
Cook 20 mins
- 473.18 ml flour
- 236.59 ml brown sugar
- 7.39 ml baking powder
- 2.46 ml baking soda
- 177.44 ml orange juice
- 14.79 ml grated orange rind
- 29.58 ml shortening
- 1 egg, beaten
- 354.88 ml fresh cranberries
- 118.29 ml chopped nuts (, pecans, walnuts..)
- Mix flour, sugar, baking powder, and baking soda.
- Form a well in the center, add orange juice, orange peel, shortening, and egg.
- Mix well.
- Stir in cranberries and nuts until just combined.
- Spoon into muffin tins (greased or paper-lined).
- Bake at 350* for 15-20 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the middle comes out clean.
Very good muffin. I used whole wheat pastry flour. I like the fact that they only use two tablespoons of shortening. Thank you for sharing - I will certainly make them again.