Prep 15 mins
Cook 50 mins
from Family Cirle November 05....
- 18 1⁄4 ounces lemon cake mix
- 1 cup sour cream
- 3 large eggs
- 1⁄3 cup vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest
- 1 1⁄2 cups dried cranberries, coarsely chop
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup light brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 3⁄4 cup butter, melted
- 1⁄4 cup dried cranberries, finely chopped
- confectioners' sugar, for dusting
- Heat oven to 350*.Coat a 13x9" baking pan with nonstick cooking spray -- set aside.
- to prepare the cake: combine cake mix, sour crea,m, eggs, vegetable oil and lemon zest in a large bowl -- beat on low speed for 30 seonds then on medium high for 2 minutes. Fold in 1 1/2 cups of cranberries -- pour batter into prepared baking pan --
- bake at 350* for 30 minutes.
- meanwhile, make topping: in a medium sized bowl, whisk together the flour, browm sugar, cinnamon and nutmeg and salt. stir in butter until mixture is moistened and starts to clump together.carefully remove the cake from the oven -- sprinkle crumb evenly over the top -- scatter with remaining cranberries and then return to the oven and bake at 350* for an additional 20 minutes -- remove pan to wire rack and cool completely --
- dust lightly with confectioners' suar and cut into 16 squares.
This turned out pretty awful for me and I followed the directions. It was really dry and not very tasty.
this recipe was on my pile to post and you beat me to it. this is a very moist, unusual and delicous cake. easy to make with an impressive appearance and taste.