Prep 10 mins
Cook 40 mins
I got the original recipe from the TV show "Weighing In." I modified it to accomodate my pantry and my allergies. I have tried to indicate the different combinations I've tried and enjoyed.
- 236.59 ml quinoa (may substitute couscous)
- 236.59 ml dried cranberries (also try dried blueberries, or dried cherries, or a combination)
- 236.59 ml frozen green beans, defrosted (may use fresh)
- 59.14 ml almonds, chopped (may also use pecans, walnuts, or a combination)
- 59.14 ml green onion, sliced
- 59.14 ml balsamic vinegar
- 22.18 ml olive oil
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 2.46 ml salt
- 1.23 ml pepper
- Combine the quinoa with 2 cups water in a medium saucepan and bring to a boil over high heat. Reduce heat to a simmer, cover, and continue cooking until all water is absorbed. (If using couscous, simply prepare according to directions on package.).
- In a medium bowl, combine cooked quinoa (or couscous), dried berries, green beans, nuts, and green onions until well mixed.
- In a small bowl, whisk the balsamic vinegar, olive oil, and garlic until well blended. Pour over the quinoa/couscous mixture. Toss until well blended. Season with salt and pepper, to taste.
- Chill in the refrigerator for at least 30 minutes before serving.
I used dried apricots and pecans. I also added an apple and left out the beans (didn't have any). Will make this again.