Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
This recipe is from the Great American Favorite Brand Name Cookbook.
- 1 1⁄2 cups birds eye farm frozen broccoli green beans onions and peppers mix
- 1⁄4 cup water
- 1 1⁄3 cups milk
- 3⁄4 lb crabmeat or 3⁄4 lb imitation crabmeat
- 2 tablespoons margarine or 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 3⁄4 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 1⁄2 cups original Minute Rice
- 1⁄2 cup grated parmesan cheese
- Bring vegitables & water to boil in medium saucepan, stirring occasionally.
- Reduce heat; cover & simmer 3 minutes.
- Add milk, crabmeat, margarine, garlic powder and basil.
- Bring to full boil.
- Stir in rice & cheese.
- Cover, remove from heat.
- Let stand 5 minutes.
- Fluff with fork.
Great and super easy! I used frozen peas and skipped the par-boil step, just adding the milk, water, peas etc and bringing to a boil. So simple thanks!
Mmmmm spectacular crowd pleaser. I did not have fresh parmesan so I used dry and I also used rice from the rice cooker instead (I drained the water the veggies boiled in). It was restaurant quality! Thanks for the recipe
So delicious! Works well with any veggie mix or cheese. We even make the rice in the rice cooker (since we don't use Minute Rice).