Prep 5 mins
Cook 5 mins
I first tried these delicious little potatoes while in New Orleans but did not think to get a recipe. I have adapted this recipe to match the taste as best I can. They are somewhat adaptable, you can adjust the spice level to your own preference - these are what I would consider a medium level (I ususally use a bit more spice b/c I like things spicy!)
- 3 lbs red potatoes
- 1 tablespoon tony chachere's original creole seasoning (you could use regular salt)
- 3 tablespoons liquid crab boil (or 1 bag of the dry kind)
- 2 ounces hot sauce (not Tabasco- the flavor isn't right)
- Place the potatoes (I like mine cut up but you could keep them whole) in a pot and add just enough water to cover the potatoes. Add the crab boil.
- Bring the water to a rolling boil then add Tony Chacheres (or salt) and the hot sauce.
- Allow the potatoes to boil until they are fork-tender (5-10 minutes depending on the size of the potatoes and whether you cut them or left them whole).
- Drain the potatoes and allow them to sit for 5 minutes or so.
- You can serve these hot, or allow them to cool (the flavor gets stronger as they cool) and serve them at room temperature.