Prep 25 mins
Cook 15 mins
I seen these cookies made on TV. She used splenda and a lower fat margarine also organic ingredients whenever possible. If using regular shortening, decrease the flour by 1/2 cup and use level teaspoon of baking powder& soda.
- 236.59 ml Splenda granular
- 236.59 ml brown sugar or 118.29 ml Splenda brown sugar blend
- 236.59 ml reduced fat margarine
- 2 eggs
- 7.39 ml vanilla
- 591.47 ml flour
- 2.46 ml baking powder (up not level)
- 2.46 ml baking soda (rounded up)
- 2.46 ml salt
- 473.18 ml rolled oats (not instant type)
- 354.88 ml chocolate chips
- 236.59 ml chopped dry roasted almonds or 236.59 ml nuts, of choice
- 236.59 ml raisins
- Cream together Splenda and brown sugar with margine; add eggs and vanilla.
- Blend in flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt; mix well.
- Add rolled oats, chocolate chips, nuts and raisins; mix.
- Place cookie dough 1-teaspoon size on greased cookie sheet; bake 375 degrees 12 to 14 minutes.
My husband and I love them!!!!! Thanks for the recipe
I used whole wheat flour.And a half cup craisins.Instead of raisins.My three year old wanted Cowboy Music.So we played The Roy Rogers Tribute Cd.I nade then a little bigger so I added one minute to the baking time.And omited the chocolate chips.And WE LOVED THEM.
These are excellent cookies. I followed the recipe and found it very easy. I have been using Splenda as my sweetner for some time. As oven temps vary I only needed to bake them for 9 minutes. Thanks so very much for posting.