Recipe by ckmclements
So named by my mother, who discovered this recipe many years ago on the back of a package of noodles. It's been a family and potluck favorite ever since. Excellent comfort food!!! The fat content of this can be reduced easily by substituting low-fat soup, milk, and cheese
- 226.79 g package wide egg noodles
- 44.37 ml butter
- 297.66 g can cream of chicken soup
- 177.44 ml milk
- 473.18 ml cheese, shredded (I prefer sharp cheddar, but whatever floats your boat)
- 2.46 ml salt
- 2.46 ml pepper
- 354.88 ml cooked chicken breasts, diced (you may substitute canned chicken if you're pressed for time, but in this case done from scratch is)
- breadcrumbs (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Boil noodles.
- While noodles are being prepared, in a pan make a sauce of everything except the chicken and the noodles.
- Add the noodles and chicken to the sauce and mix well.
- Put into a 3-qt. casserole dish and top with breadcrumbs.
- Bake for 30 minutes.