Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
So named by my mother, who discovered this recipe many years ago on the back of a package of noodles. It's been a family and potluck favorite ever since. Excellent comfort food!!! The fat content of this can be reduced easily by substituting low-fat soup, milk, and cheese
- 1 (8 ounce) package wide egg noodles
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1 (10 1/2 ounce) can cream of chicken soup
- 3⁄4 cup milk
- 2 cups cheese, shredded (I prefer sharp cheddar, but whatever floats your boat)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 1⁄2 cups cooked chicken breasts, diced (you may substitute canned chicken if you're pressed for time, but in this case done from scratch is)
- breadcrumbs (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Boil noodles.
- While noodles are being prepared, in a pan make a sauce of everything except the chicken and the noodles.
- Add the noodles and chicken to the sauce and mix well.
- Put into a 3-qt. casserole dish and top with breadcrumbs.
- Bake for 30 minutes.