Prep 5 mins
Cook 15 mins
I found this recipe on the back of a Bear Creek onion soup and dip mix. My family loves sloppy joes.
- 1 1⁄2 lbs ground beef
- onion soup mix, 1 packet
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar, firmly packed
- 1 cup water
- 1 cup ketchup
- 6 hamburger buns
- In a large skillet, brown ground beef over medium-high heat. Drain.
- Stir in onion soup mix, brown sugar, water, and ketchup.
- Bring to a boil over high heat.
- Reduce heat to low and simmer uncovered, stirring occasionally, 8 minutes or until mixture thickens.
- Serve on hamburger buns.
I was really pleased with how good this turned out. It's so easy and very little measuring and chopping. I followed the recipe as written. The next time I will use my own home-made salt-free dried onion soup mix to lower the sodium.
Thanks for posting.
We had these last night for supper and we enjoyed them very much. These were simple to throw together and uses ingredients we always have on hand. Thank you for sharing with us.
Unless you are a ketchup lover, I don't see how this is a five star recipe and I should have known better by the ingredients listed. As is, it tasted like sweet ketchup. I had to add a ton of other stuff so that we would be able to eat it. Bland, ketchup with meat thrown in. No thanks.