Recipe by dayla
I found this recipe on the back of a Bear Creek onion soup and dip mix. My family loves sloppy joes.
Top Review by ohgal
I was really pleased with how good this turned out. It's so easy and very little measuring and chopping. I followed the recipe as written. The next time I will use my own home-made salt-free dried onion soup mix to lower the sodium.
Thanks for posting.
- 1 1⁄2 lbs ground beef
- onion soup mix, 1 packet
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar, firmly packed
- 1 cup water
- 1 cup ketchup
- 6 hamburger buns
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large skillet, brown ground beef over medium-high heat. Drain.
- Stir in onion soup mix, brown sugar, water, and ketchup.
- Bring to a boil over high heat.
- Reduce heat to low and simmer uncovered, stirring occasionally, 8 minutes or until mixture thickens.
- Serve on hamburger buns.