Prep 10 mins
Cook 5 mins
from cooking light may '05
- 1 1⁄2 cups loosely packed fresh mint leaves
- 3⁄4 cup sliced green onion
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 teaspoon minced seeded serrano chili
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 1 garlic clove
- 3 tablespoons yellow cornmeal
- 1 1⁄2 lbs sea scallops
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- green onion, strips (optional)
- Place first 9 ingredients in a food processor; process until finely chopped. Set aside.
- Place cornmeal in a shallow dish. Dredge scallops in cornmeal. Heat oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add scallops; cook 3 minutes on each side or until done. Serve with chimichurri, and garnish with onion strips, if desired.
We loved the mint chimichurri sauce with the cornmeal crusted scallops. This will be in the rotation for repeats.