- 3⁄4 cup butter, softened
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1⁄4 cup cornmeal
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 1⁄2 cups flour
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix softened BUTTER and sugar until creamy.
- Add the egg and vanilla and beat well.
- In a separate mixing bowl, mix together the cornmeal, Baking Powder, salt and flour.
- Add to the creamed mixture.
- Drop by teaspoonfuls onto a greased cookie sheet.
- Bake in a preheated 350 degree oven about 15 minutes or until lightly brown.