Recipe by Montana Heart Song
An easy recipe.I use the garlic and onion in this recipe to make a blended mixed sauce for mashed potatoes.
Top Review by Lucky Clover
This was a great dinner. I added more seasoning to the hens and cooked them a little longer than suggested. I added the garlic and onions to my mashed potatoes and mixed them with a mixer. They were absolutely delicious!
- 2 Cornish hens
- 12 garlic cloves, peeled and ends cut
- 1 white onion, cut in large dice pieces
- 9.85 ml all seasoning salt
Directions See How It's Made
- Sprinkle the seasoning salt on the birds.
- Stuff 2 cloves in each hen. Sprinkle the rest of the cloves in the baking dish.
- Place the hens on top of the garlic. Add the onions.
- Preheat oven 350*.
- Cover with dish with foil.
- Bake 1 hour.
- Note: Uncover after 1 hour to brown the birds. About 15 to 20 minutes or so. Check.
- Mixed Sauce for Mashed Potatoes:.
- Take all cooked garlic cloves and cooked onion pieces and the drippings. Place in a blender and pulse twice.
- Add to mashed dry potatoes. Add milk, salt and pepper. Serve with margarine or butter.