Recipe by Chippie1
Whether you are cooking for vegetarians or serving this with meat dishes, it will disapper in a flash. The charred garlic butter crust adds a new dimension to the corn on the cobs.
Top Review by ashwee
not as garlicy as I had hoped. Kind of dry also. I think if i was to make it again i would save the garlic butter I had rolled the corn in and pour a bit over the corn before eating. also make it would help to put the garlic in a food processor to mince it instead of crushing it. this would bring out more of the garlic flavor in my opinion
- 6 corn on the cob
- 1 cup butter
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 6 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 cup breadcrumbs (seasoned works best)
- 1 tablespoon fresh parsley, chopped
- salt and pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat Barbeque.
- Pull off the husks and silks and boil the corn cobs in a large saucepan of salted water until tender.
- Drain the corn cobs and leave to cool.
- Melt butter in a saucepan and add the olive oil, crushed garlic, salt, pepper and stir to blend.
- Pour the mixture into a shallow dish.
- In another shallow dish, blend the breadcrumbs and parsley.
- Roll the corn cobs in the melted butter mixture and then into the breadcrumb mixture until they are well coated.
- Cook the corn cobs on a hot barbeque for about 10 minutes, turning frequently, until the breadcrumbs are golden brown.