- 2⁄3 cup cornmeal
- 1⁄3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 1 egg (beaten)
- vegetable oil, for frying
- 1 (1 lb) package frankfurter
- wooden skewer
Directions See How It's Made
- COMBINE cornmeal, flour and salt in a deep narrow bowl.
- ADD milk, egg and 2 TBSP vegetable oil, mixing well; set aside.
- FOR EACH corn dog:.
- Insert wooden skewer into end of frankfurter.
- Coat with additional flour.
- DIP one at a time into corn meal mixture.
- FRY in DEEP HOT oil at 375 degrees until deep golden brown.
- Repeat with remaining franks.