Prep 24 hrs
Cook 0 mins
A delicious KFC (CopyCat) Marinade! This makes the chicken taste like KFC's!
Make and share this (CopyCat) Kentucky Fried Chicken Marinade recipe from Food.com.
- 29.58 ml potassium chloride
- 29.58 ml kosher salt
- 59.16 ml msg
- 1.77 ml garlic powder
- 78.07 ml bottled chicken base
- 1182.95 ml water
- Mix above marinate and soak the chicken in it for 24 hours under refrigeration.
- The Original Recipe is not packaged in three different places.
- The way it is cooked and the process makes it taste like it has eleven herbs and spices when in reality there is not.
- The way it is done in the restaurant is using dried eggs and milk in the flour along with box of breading, salt and the seasoning bag and a bag of breading flour.
The marinade did a great job of keeping the chicken very moist and flavor filled. I only marinated for a few hours, I cant imagine what would have happened after 24 hrs. I used Adobo in place of the potassium chloride.
I used this with the KFC Crispy Strips Kfc Crispy Strips. I used 5 boullion cubes instead of bottled chicken base and did not use the potassium choride becasue I didn't have either of those. I marinated it for only 4 hours instead of 24 because this was an impulse. I have no idea if it was the marinade or the coating but this was the tastiest chicken I've ever made.
Great flavor even though I only marinated the chicken for about an hour. As in the comment below my own, I subbed Adobo for the postassium chloride.