Recipe by sugaree
Buying dried beans is so much less expensive than canned. Cook the beans in the crock pot and then freeze - inexpensive and easy. Found this recipe on a blog - thanks whoever wrote it. Preparation time is initial soaking time.
Directions See How It's Made
- Rinse beans.
- Pour beans into crock pot and add enough water to cover beans an additional 2 inches.
- Let beans soak for 6 hours or overnight. DO NOT turn crock pot on.
- Drain and rinse beans. Return to crock pot and cover with fresh water as above.
- Cook on low for 8 hours.
- When beans are cool you can package them in zip lock bags. 1 2/3 cups equals about a can's worth.
- These freeze beautifully.