Recipe by email@example.com
if you like the taste of coffee, you should like this cookie.
Top Review by Roxanne J.R.
These turned out very yummy. The dough had a wonderful aroma. They were melt-in-your-mouth delicious and the frosting really makes these cookies even more addictive and compliments the cookie perfectly. I love that this was an easy recipe to whip up. I made the frosting ahead of time following the directions to a T. I found it was a bit too runny so I left it to sit while the cookies baked up and cooled. By the time I was ready to frost, the consistency was a bit harder but perfect. Kinda like a sugar cookie frosting, soft on the inside with a semi-soft crust on top. I decorated mine with Christmas sprinkles(for the season) and they looked so festive. Thanks for sharing.
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 3⁄4 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon instant coffee granules
- 1 3⁄4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1⁄2 ounce unsweetened chocolate
- 1 cup confectioners' sugar
- 2 tablespoons milk
Directions See How It's Made
- in a mixing bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy.
- add vanilla.
- combine coffee granules and flour.
- stir into creamed mixture.
- mix well.
- cover and refrigerate until easy to handle.
- roll into 3/4 inch balls.
- place 2 inches apart on ungreased baking sheets.
- bake at 350 degrees for 18-20 minutes or until set.
- remove to wire racks.
- meanwhile, for glaze, melt butter and chocolate together.
- add melted mixture to the sugar along with the milk.
- beat until smooth.
- frost the cookies while still warm.