Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
I just bought a Kambrook food processor and this was in the instruction book. Can't wait to try it out! Cooking and prep times are estimates.
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 onion
- 1 tablespoon fresh ginger
- 500 g pumpkin, diced
- 100 ml chicken stock
- 1 (410 ml) can coconut cream
- salt and pepper
- Chop the onion and finely mince the ginger.
- Heat the oil and saute the onion and ginger without browning them.
- Add the pumpkin and stir for 2 minutes.
- Add sufficent water to just cover the pumpkin and cook until the pumpkin is soft.
- Add the coconut cream and stock and stir thoroughly.
- Using a blender or mouli, blend until smooth.
very nice, I thought the fresh ginger, coconut milk and pumpkin flavours all complemented each other perfectly and this was a little differnt and more tasty than most pumpkin pasta sauce recipes I have tried. The only thing was that the sauce ended up being too runny I think, it was more like pasta soup. I think that add less stock/water or coconut cream next time but i will certainly make this recipe again.