Prep 5 mins
Cook 10 mins
This is a nice, different side dish to poultry. I usually serve at Christmas... the addition of the red hot candies give it a nice festive cinnamon flavor! Kids love it. I've substituted with Cranberry, always go back to Cherry. The flavors compliment each other well.
- 1 (3 ounce) package cherry Jell-O
- 1 1⁄4 cups water
- 1⁄3 cup cinnamon red cinnamon candies
- 1 (16 ounce) jar applesauce
- Combine water with candies and boil to melt candies.
- Pour over Jello and dissolve.
- Add Applesauce.
We served this with fresh pineapple on the side. Delicious!
I just love this recipes.
I made a turkey dinner and wanted something different to serve with it. This is tasty and different. I didn't have the cinnamon candy but used some candy canes. Thanks for sharing.