Prep 5 mins
Cook 2 mins
Pancakes and waffles become a wonderful Autumn treat when you try them with apple cider sauce.
Make and share this Cider Sauce recipe from Food.com.
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 2 cups apple cider
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1⁄4 cup oleo or 1⁄4 cup butter
- Mix sugar, corn starch, cinnamom and nut meg.
- In sauce pan cook cider and lemon juice until boiling.
- Add dry ingredients.
- Boil and stir 2 minutes until thick.
- Remove from heat and stir in butter.
- Stir until melted.
This is a keeper! I have a juicer, so make my own unfiltered apple juice, and used that. Went great on pumpkin waffles. I may try it with less sugar, though, as it was a bit sweet for me. Sure is easy to put together!
I made this last Christmas for my family. I gave sealed it in jars & gave it as a gift with a bag of pancake mix. Everyone loved it, & has asked for the recipe. I used apple juice instead of the cider & added 1/4 tsp ground cloves, to give it an apple cider flavor. Very delicious!!
This was awesome! We had it on waffles and can't wait to try it on other things. Very easy to make.