1/2 Photos of Christmas Gingerbread Cookies
Chef #180236's Note:
These are great cookies to munch on a Christmas morning and are super tasty with icing and sprinkles.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2/3 cup shortening
- 1/2 cup brown sugar, firmly packed
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 2 1/2 teaspoons ground ginger
- 1 pinch salt
- 3/4 cup molasses
- 1Mix first bowl ingredients together until it becomes a creamy brown batter.
- 2Sift second bowl ingredients; add to the wet batter a little at a time.
- 3Mix together until it becomes a crumby dough.
- 4Make the dough into a ball and chill for an hour.
- 5When ready, cover the dough in flour and place on a heavy floured surface.
- 6Knead dough with the palms of your hand and roll it out.
- 7Cut into desired shapes.
- 8Cook for 10-15 minute until golden brown.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Christmas Gingerbread Cookies
Serving Size: 1 (67 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 14
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 272.7
- Calories from Fat 93
- Total Fat 10.4 g
- Saturated Fat 2.6 g
- Cholesterol 15.1 mg
- Sodium 129.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 42.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.8 g
- Sugars 17.6 g
- Protein 3.2 g