Recipe by auntchelle
You know how you make something once and then you are making it for the rest of your life? Well that's how this gets it's name. I HAVE to make it every Christmas or my family revolts! Don't be put off by the seemingly long list of ingredients - it's mostly opening cans! Can be made up to 3 hours ahead however only add dressing at time of serving. (Australian measurements used.)
Top Review by GaylaV
These looked lovely on our Christmas table. It was enjoyed by many and a terrific dish to have for our vegetarians. I used Recipe #201756 to dress it which was very nice. Thank you for sharing your recipe.
- 250 g green beans, topped and tailed
- 400 g chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 425 g red kidney beans, drained and rinsed
- 400 g cannellini beans, drained and rinsed
- 270 g corn kernels, drained and rinsed
- 3 spring onions, sliced
- 1 red capsicum, finely chopped
- 3 celery ribs, chopped
- 4 -6 gherkins, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup chopped mint
- 1⁄4 cup chopped flat leaf parsley
- 2⁄3 cup favourite basic vinaigrette
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
Directions See How It's Made
- Dressing: Place the basic vinaigrette, mustard and crushed garlic in a screw top container. Whisk to combine. Seal with lid.
- Cut green beans into short lengths. Bring a small pan of water to the boil, add the beans and cook for 2 minutes. Drain and rinse under cold water then leave in a bowl of iced water until cold. Drain well.
- Place all the salad ingredients, including herbs in a large bowl. Season with salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste, and mix until well combined.
- When ready to serve just shake container of dressing to refresh, drizzle over salad and toss to combine. Transfer to a large serving bowl or platter.