Prep 15 mins
Cook 5 mins
You'll love these Tasty Mexican Sausages in a bun
- 1 lb johnsonville chorizo sausage
- 5 hot dog buns
- 1⁄2 lb shredded Mexican blend cheese
- 10 tablespoons salsa
- 1 sliced onion
- Prepare your Sausages grilled, baked, broiled, on your outdoor grill, or pan-fried. A 1 lb package will contain 5 sausages. I cooked mine with the onion slices on my George Foreman Indoor Grill.
- Warm up the grill for 5 minutes with the onions inside. Always spray your indoor grill with Pam prior to the warm-up period.
- Line the sausages up across the grates so you get grill marks on them. Close the grill and set your timer for 5 minutes.
- While the Sausages are cooking, spread your hot dogs bun, sprinkle a layer of shredded cheese inside, then insert them in your toaster oven until the cheese is slightly melted.
- Insert your cooked Chorizo Chihuahua Dogs into each bun on top of the bed of melted cheese. Top with your sliced onions and 2 tablespoons or more of your favorite salsa. You can also top with chili or other toppings of your own choosing.
This was a very tasty Chihuahua. I was lucky to find a new sausage maker at our Farmers Market and his specialty is Mexican Chorizo - they were so good. Too big for a hot dog bun so I used a Portuguese roll. I love the onions carmelized so I put them in the pan before the sausagea and added some sliced mushrooms.Just nice heat (Ilike hot) This recipe would also be great wrapped in a corn tortilla Thanks Norm Cooks for a recipe that I will be making again