This is the best con Queso dip I've ever had. I got it from a great cookbook by a man named Grady Spears. I guarantee once you try this you will be a fan of his too.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Warm the oil in a heavy saucepan over med heat.
- 2Add the sausage and cook for 2 minutes, or until the fat begins to melt.
- 3Add the onion and garlic.
- 4Cook until the chorizo is well browned.
- 5Drain off the grease and add the tomato, chile, and stock.
- 6Bring the mixture to a simmer and slowly add the cheese, blending with a spoon.
- 7As each batch of cheese melts, add more, cooking over very low heat.
- 8When the cheese has melted and the mixture comes together, it is ready to serve.
- 9Keep warm while serving.
- 10Note 1- serve with tortillas or fresh tortilla chips.
- 11Note 2- you COULD use canned pre-roasted poblanos, but roasting one yourself is really simple.
- 12Take a poblano chili, rub with a bit of corn oil, put under the broiler and let it cook until the skin starts to char.
- 13Turn it over and continue this way until the skin is charred all over.
- 14Take it out (with tongs!) and put in a plastic zip-lock bag and let it sit until cool.
- 15Remove the chile and the skin will peel right off, then tear it open and remove the seeds and stems.
- 16It's that simple.
- 17Just like roasting a bell pepper.
Browse Our Top Cheese Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Cheese Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chorizo con Queso
Serving Size: 1 (963 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 639.2
- Calories from Fat 461
- Total Fat 51.2 g
- Saturated Fat 26.2 g
- Cholesterol 139.4 mg
- Sodium 1258.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 8.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.0 g
- Sugars 3.4 g
- Protein 36.1 g