These I make with My home grown Zucchini! The kids and husband does not know that they're getting their veggies!!
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup olive oil (YES olive)
- 2 cups grated and squeezed zucchini
- 1 ounce unsweetened chocolate, melted (August 6/2011 I used 2 ounces unsweetened chocolate)
- 2 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon cinnamon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon fresh ground nutmeg
- 3⁄4 cup raisins or 3⁄4 cup dried cranberries
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar
- 1 1⁄2 cups sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup chopped nuts, toasted (optional)
- 1 cup coconut flakes (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Lightly grease 2 9X5 loaf pans.
- In a bowl combine eggs sugar, oil, zucchini, vanilla, and chocolate; beat well.
- Sift together flour, baking soda, salt cinnamon and nutmeg; stir into liquid mixture to combine.
- Blend in raisins, nut and or coconut.
- Pour into pans.
- Bake for 50-60 minutes.
5 stars for the following: Appearance, Easiness of recipe, Flavor, Instructions, etc. Everything about this recipe was a 5 star. This was the best Zuchini Bread I've had! I wouldn't change a thing. I did take a photo to add to this recipe. Will post it in a second.
OMG! I had been looking for a chocolate-zucchini bread/cake that really rocked and this was the first one I tried. I just made it for the second time, increasing the amount of egg and using all light-brown sugar. I forgot to squeeze the zucchini but it still came out perfect! Thank you, thank you, thank you!