1/1 Photo of Chocolate Turtle Cookies
1 hr 32 mins
1 hr 20 mins
This recipe comes from Mariel on the "Or So She Says" blog. (oneshetwoshe.com) My daughter gave these to me as a Christmas gift one year. Since then these yummy cookies are a traditional Christmas cookie at our house.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Heat oven to 350 degrees.
- 2Combine the flour, cocoa, and salt in a bowl. Set aside.
- 3In a mixer, combine the softened butter and sugar until light and fluffy.
- 4Add the egg yolk, milk, and vanilla. Mix until just incorporated.
- 5Add the flour mixture, mix.
- 6Wrap the dough in plastic wrap and refrigerate until chilled, about an hour.
- 7Whisk an egg white in a bowl, set aside.
- 8Place the chopped pecans in another bowl.
- 9Roll the dough into 1 inch balls and dip into the egg whites, then roll in the pecans.
- 10Place the balls on a cookie sheet lined with parchment paper.
- 11Using a 1/2 teaspoons measuring spoon, press an indentation in the middle of each cookie ball to hold the caramel.
- 12Bake the cookies for about 12 minutes.
- 13Meanwhile, unwrap about 15 caramels and place them in a bowl with the heavy cream.
- 14Microwave for about 1 to 2 minutes, stirring occasionally, until smooth.
- 15When the cookies are done, re-press the indentation with the measuring spoon and fill the pocket with caramel.
- 16Let cool, completely.
Browse Our Top Hand-Formed Cookies Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Hand-Formed Cookies Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chocolate Turtle Cookies
Serving Size: 1 (819 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 104.2
- Calories from Fat 61
- Total Fat 6.8 g
- Saturated Fat 2.3 g
- Cholesterol 14.0 mg
- Sodium 29.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 10.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.5 g
- Sugars 6.6 g
- Protein 1.2 g
The following items or measurements are not included: