Prep 30 mins
Cook 1 hr
This recipe is from Super Food Ideas magazine, I haven't made this recipe yet. However, I'm planning on making this to go in my Christmas hampers to my friends. Cooking time is chilling time
- 1 (395 g) can sweetened condensed milk
- 1 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons liquid glucose (is a form of Sugar)
- 125 g butter, cubed
- 150 g milk chocolate or 150 g white chocolate, chopped
- 3⁄4 cup pistachios, chopped
- 2 tablespoons Baileys Irish Cream
- Grease& line the base& sides of a 7cm deep, 30cm x 7.
- 5cm bar pan.
- Combine condensed milk, sugar, glucose& butter.
- Microwave uncovered for approx 8 mins or until mixture begins to boil, whisking every 2 mins.
- Continue to microwave for 3-4 min on medium, whisking every minute, until thick& golden.
- Remove from microwave add chocolate, stirring until mixture is smooth.
- Stir in the nuts and liqueur, mix well.
- Spoon into prepared bar pan, set aside for 1-2 hours to cool to room temperature.
- Remove from bar pan and cut into approx 15 small slices/bars, individually wrap in greaseproof paper.
- Store in airtight container in the fridge.
If you love pistachios and Bailey's this is for you. Very nice delicate flavour. I had to make some changes as our condensed milk comes in 300g tins. So I had to downsize the recipe accordingly. Used 3/4 cup brown sugar, 1 1/2 Tablespoons corn syrup, 94g butter, 112g milk chocolate, 1 1/2 Tablespoons Bailey's and a little over 1/2 cup pistachios. I put it into an 8"X8" pan. I think you could use semi-sweet choc for more of a richer flavour. I really like being able to use the microwave as I don't have any success on the stove using a candy thermometer. Thanks for a tasty and easy way to make fudge.