1/1 Photo of Chocolate Peanut Butter Cookie Bars
Bruce Gurnick's Note:
Fast and fairly easy cookie bar that is tasty and will disappear from you cookie plate in a flash. Great for gifts or to share with those you work with. Adapted from a Local supermarket advertising mailer
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Heat oven to 350°F
- 2Coat a 9x13" baking pan lightly with non-stick cooking spray.
- 3Beat cake mix, oil and egg in large mixing bowl, on medium speed until somewhat crumbly. Add peanuts and stir. Measure out and set aside 1 1/2 cups of the cake crumb peanut mixture to be used later. Pour remaining mixture into prepared pan and press out to evenly cover the bottom of the pan.
- 4Beat sweetened condensed milk and peanut butter in a medium bowl until smooth (hint: use the same bowl you used for cake crumbs). Spread this over the prepared cake crust. This will be a bit challenging. Be careful but don't worry if you struggle with the cake layer a bit.
- 5After spreading the mixture sprinkle about 4 oz of semi sweet chocolate chips evenly over the peanut butter mixture.
- 6Pour reserved cake crumb mixture over the top and spread evenly, pressing down gently.
- 7Bake 25 - 30 minutes until set. Remove from oven. Turn oven off. Top with Remaining about 6 oz more of chocolate chips. Return to oven for 1 minute and then remove from oven. Use a spatula to spread the chocolate evenly over the top of the bars. Cool and store in covered container. Enjoy.
- 8Note: You can be creative with this recipe. The cake flavor may be changed. Other flavor chips may be substituted for chocolate. Other nuts may be substituted or combined for/with peanuts. Other nut butters may be substituted for peanut butter. This one basic recipe can produce many bar variations.
Browse Our Top Bar Cookie Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Bar Cookie Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chocolate Peanut Butter Cookie Bars
Serving Size: 1 (71 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 20
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 388.4
- Calories from Fat 204
- Total Fat 22.7 g
- Saturated Fat 6.8 g
- Cholesterol 16.0 mg
- Sodium 366.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 44.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.9 g
- Sugars 31.0 g
- Protein 8.4 g
The following items or measurements are not included: