Recipe by Tootalltygerlily
Makes a great gift or party favor.
Top Review by Charishma_Ramchandani
This is so cool! The smell of melted cocoa butter trickles my nostrils;-) I didn't get chocolate chips at the store y'day, so I substituted that with 1/2 tsp. Nescafe coffee powder(to get a coffee flavoured lip balm), 1/2 tsp. Nesquik chocolate powder(to get a chocolate flavour lip balm) and 1 tsp. of Hintz Dutch processed cocoa powder(to get a dark chocolate colour and flavour lip balm). Instead of melting the cocoa butter in the microwave, I did it over the stove(much easier and quicker and plus I could enjoy the smell of the cocoa butter as it melted much more!). I did not use a Vitamin E capsule, because my cocoa butter formula is already enriched with Vitamin E. I just used some of this on my lip and my hands. My lips have a natural glossy effect and my hands are feeling as soft as those of a new born baby:-) This will make a great gift! Thanks for sharing and I hope you liked my coffee and chocolate substitute ideas!
- 3 tablespoons cocoa butter (available in the pharmacy)
- 3 -4 chocolate chips (as an alternative use white chocolate chips)
- 1 vitamin E, capsule
- 1⁄4 teaspoon almond extract (or cooking oil)
Directions See How It's Made
- Melt the cocoa butter in the microwave.
- Add the chocolate chips and stir until melted.
- You may have to microwave the mixture again for a few seconds.
- Add vitamin E and oil.
- Note: Vitamin E is a natural preservative.
- Stir very well, or the lip balm will turn out lumpy.
- Pour into a small container.
- Great gift idea!