Recipe by Chabear01
This recipe was given to me by a family member of my DH I think, and was published in the Elk Ladies of "518" Nevada City, CA volumn III cookbook some eons ago. I make these especially at Christmastime, but not only for that time of the year, as my grandchildren ask for them as much as their mothers do whenever they come to visit. I have the kids unwrap the kisses, their favorite part about making these in the first place. Part of the preparation time is chill time, and I don't include unwrapping the kisses cuz the kids do that...lol. *** Just a bit of a warning due to some consternation of the part of people who have tried to make perfect little round balls from this recipe...these cookies do flatten out. If anyone gets them to make little perfect round balls please let us know how you did it.***
Top Review by Margie99
I'm not sure why but mine flattened out a bit so I didn't get the little round balls I wanted. I followed the directions exactly. They tasted great, maybe I chilled them too long, almost 2 hours.
- 1 cup butter
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 3⁄4 cups flour
- 1 cup pecans, chopped finely
- 1 (9 ounce) package Hershey chocolate kisses (you might want to buy two packages, as when you unwrap them it is "One for me, one for the cookies")
- 1 cup powdered sugar (this is approximate, it could take more or less for you)
Directions See How It's Made
- Cream butter, sugar and vanilla together. Add flour gradually until well blended; stir in pecans. Cover and chill the dough.
- Mold about 1 teaspoon of cookie dough around each unwrapped chocolate kiss, covering candy.
- Bake at 375 degrees until they turn a golden brown around the edges, about 10 minutes. When Completely cool, dust with powdered sugar. Store in airtight container.